In 2007 we had our first dog, an American Staffordshire Terrier named Nala (Ch. Parastone's Creamy Cappuccino). From there we decided to try a litter and started showing. We had 3 litters over 8 years, keeping at home a male, Simba (Ch. Mountaingarden Can't Touch This) and Zyra (Mountaingarden Sweet Goodbye).
- Nala became Dutch and International champion and won the biggest Dutch specialty ever
- We bred 13 dogs, 5 of which were used to breed with
- 3 dogs became champion mwith a total of over 30 titles
- 1 dog became a successful sportsdog, the only Dutch Amstaff promoted in agility jumping at 65 cm
- Nala has 49 grandchildren in 7 countries and 3 continents and more than 100 dogs have Mountaingarden in their pedigree, with champions in 3 generations
- At least 2 persons owe their lives to one of our dogs
It doesn't end with that. From 2012 to 2019 Roelof has been on the board of the breed association ASTCH and battles to avoid new BSL against our breed and really any other breed. He is now on the board of the Dutch Kennelclub where he continues this fight. In March 2018 he has passed his exams for judging the Amstaff and hopes to contribute to the breed in that way as well.